Customize your own box with 6 bottles and get a gift
Pick the bottles for your box
Martín Sarmiento is made with a selection of the best mencía grapes from the centenary grapevines cultivated in El Bierzo’s mountain vineyards.
The harvest is manually done in 20 kg boxes. Once the grape has arrived to the winery and, after been carefully selected, a 12ºC pre-fermentative maceration is done. After that, begins the 25ºC alcoholic fermentation before it goes again through a maceration process to then give way to the pressing.
Once the malolactic fermentation is finished, a 12 months aging in french oak barrels is done to then, finish its production with a new aging in bottle, this time, for more than 24 months.
Dense with an intense picota color with cherry reflections.
Medium-high intensity with spiced and smoked aromas. Red fruit compote notes with a mineral, elegant and complex hint.
Powerful and glyceric, with pleasant and smooth tannins. Long and dry aftertaste.
- D.O.: Bierzo
- Variety: Mencía
- Fermentation: 25ºC alcoholic fermentation
- Raising: 12 months aging in french oak barrels and 24 months aging in bottle.
- Gastronomy: Grilled meats, game, spiced sauces, cured cheese and cold meats. IT CONTAINS SULFITS.
- Service temperature: 18ºC
- Alcoholic proof: 14.5% Vol.
- 95 points in the Guide 365 Wines a Year Wine Up 2018
- 94 points in the Gourmets Guide 2018
- 93 points in the Peñín Guide 2018