The next 20th of may, the event “Cocineras con Estrella fronte al cáncer de mama” will take place in the Pazo de Mella. A total of six cooks, all of them awarded with a Michelín star or a Repsol sun, will give their best to get profits in order to fight against the breast cancer and make aware people about the need of having a healthy life to prevend this disease.
The day will have two different parts:
- Showcooking: From 14 to 16 hours. Attendants will be able to enjoy six snacks, each one ellaborated by the cooks and a dessert made by the galician cook Kike Piñeiro, who also collaborates in the event in an altruistic way. To buy tickets, click here.
- Cea: 21.30 hours. 110 attendants. Cooks will make a menu of six courses and Piñeiro will make another dessert as well. To buy tickets, click here.
In the event the public will be able to enjoy our Martín Códax albariño too.
Cooks and restaurantes joining the event are:
- Fina Puigdevall. Les Cols (Olot, Girona). Two Michelín stars and two Repsol suns.
- Begoña Rodrigo. A Salita (Valencia). One Repsol sun
- Beatriz Sotelo. A Estación (Cambre, A Coruña). One Michelín star.
- Macarena de Castro. Xardín (Mallorca). One Michelín star and one Repsol sun.
- Yolanda León. Cocinandos (León). One Michelín and one Repsol sun
- Aizpea Oihaneder. Xarma (San Sebastián). Two Repsol sun
Also, Carme Ruscalleda and Elena Arzak are taking part in Cocineras con Estrella.
The project was an original idea of Gastronomoymás organized in collaboration with the Asociación Española contra el Cáncer and Pazo de Mella.
In the winery we feel very happy and proud to be part of this important gastronomic event and to give our support to the purpouse.